Vegetables offer a host of benefits
- Loaded with minerals, vitamins and fibers
- Minimal spike in insulin
- Gives you a feeling of being full
- More alkaline and therefore balances the acid base in the body
Why can’t we have all fruits?
Fruits unfortunately raise the insulin levels and therefore must be taken in moderation. Diabetics, obese and those with any other metabolic issues must completely avoid all fruits until readings are regulated.
Those who are metabolically stable and are on LCHF diet for purely health reasons can have the naturally sweet fruits, preferably organic.
Reasons why you should include Nuts, Seeds, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil
- Normalizes Omega 3/6/9 fat ratios
- Promotes healthy blood flow
- Reduces body inflammation that causes heart attacks, Alzheimer’s and cancer to name a few)
Why Only Some Fruits?
The sweetness in fruits, unfortunately, raises insulin levels. Fruits can be had in moderation if you are metabolically stable. For those who are obese, diabetic or metabolically unstable with any other issues like blood pressure, thyroid and cholesterol and so on must completely avoid fruits.
After regulating your metabolism with LCHF, you can take a moderate amount of naturally sweet, organic fruits as they are loaded with nutrients.
Why should we avoid Sugar Substitutes?
- Anything sweet to the tongue spikes insulin levels
- Artificial sweeteners and sugar substitutes prevents people from losing weight
Why No Grains?
- Grains are the No.1 reason for bloating and weight gain. Not healthy in any way, grains are just not suited for our digestive system and are devoid of any nutrients
- In fact, grains contain harmful phytates, considered to be an anti-nutrient
- Lectin, a protein present in grains causes gut irritation
- Celiac in grains leads to gluten intolerance
- Prolonged intake of grains destroys villi in intestines
Grain intake is the leading cause of issues such as:-
- Gastrointestinal and digestive problems
- Colon disease
- Heart burn
- Varicose veins
- Gall stones
- Duodenal ulcer
- Hiatal hernia
Other health issues caused by over-indulgence in grains –
1 in 33 people have celiac disease caused by gluten (oats, wheat) which disrupts insulin signalling
Grains also result in carb’s addiction